19 | 02 | 2013 Tests in Spain
- Published: Wednesday, 20 February 2013 09:29
Our first day in Barcelona began with us encountering a few small problems. It wasn't anything on the car itself, but a slight problem with our new software.
We've just had an update to the software and the transfer to the new car didn't go as smoothly as we'd hoped. Luckily, after a few attempts we managed to get everything back to normal. It turns out that the rest of the teams had the same problem so we weren't alone. What can I say…tech can be tricky!
Once we solved that problem, we were finally ready to test the new tyres. They felt good but we realised that they'll perform better when it's a bit warmer. They deteriorated really quickly in the cold and caused us to slip once in a while, but they'll be better in warmer weather and a hotter track. We'll get there soon enough, I'm sure.
Besides we looked pretty good over our first laps. I had no problems, not even in the high speed corners, and the car behaved perfectly. With everything going smoothly, we tried to iron out a few minor issues so we're on top of them as quickly as possible. This was pretty much all we did today. Practising fast pit stops and setting fastest laps wasn't really on the schedule – well, until now.
Talk to you tomorrow!